Several generations of Pasture Raised, 100% Grass-Fed and Grass-Finished, purebred Angus, born and raised on our ranch assures you of “pure” natural beef! No hormones. No steroids. No antibiotics. No herbicides. No pesticides.
CURRENT PACKAGE PRICES (subject to change):
- Whole Beef Package $8.25 per pound (350 to 400+ lbs)
- Half Beef Package $8.75 per pound (170 to 200+ lbs)
- Quarter Beef Package $8.95 per pound (100 to 115+ lbs)
January 2021: SOLD OUT
February 2021: SOLD OUT
March 2021: SOLD OUT
April 2021: AVAILABLE: 1/4, 1/2 AND WHOLE BEEF PACKAGES
LET US KNOW WHAT MONTH YOU WOULD LIKE YOUR PACKAGE CHOICE THIS YEAR!
- To make sure you don’t miss out; secure a deposit and let us know what month you would like your 1/4, 1/2 or Whole Beef package in 2021.
Individual Cuts Boneless NY Strips, Hanger Steaks, and Beef Tongue on SALE!
Tres Hermanas Ranch
THE HOME OF
“You know your Doctor personally, you know your Dentist, but do you know where the food you prepare and serve your family comes from?”
From Our Ranch To Your Table:
PASTURE RAISED (100% GRASS-FED & GRASS-FINISHED)
Our cows are all purebred Angus cows. We keep a “closed” herd, so there are no open range or stockyard animals, we never use pesticides or herbicides on our pastures, and because our cows are pasture raised (grass-fed & grass-finished), there is no infections and no gut inflammation due to grain feeding so there is no need for the overuse of antibiotics. And we never have administered any growth hormones, or steroids of any kind to our cattle! Because they are born and raised on the ranch (for several generations), and only eat good rich pasture grass and good alfalfa (not open range wild grass and weeds), the taste and texture of our beef is incredible!
Facts About Grass Fed Beef: What Most People Don’t Know
“It’s important to know that grass-fed is not the same as organic. Naturalization food stores often sell organic beef that is hormone- and antibiotic- free. While this beef may come from animals who most likely were fed less grain than the industry norm, they typically still spent their last months in feedlots where they were fed grain. Even when the grain is raised organically, feeding grain to a ruminant animal such as a cow, compromises the nutritional value of the beef.”
What Grain By-Products Do To Cows:
- To simplify this whole thing, grain by products, which is the bulk of what grain fed cows eat, causes an acid build up. Then, infectious bacteria enters into the blood and eventually the liver, which is where the problems start.
- Another problem that can come up when feeding grain to cattle is when grain accumulates in the animals intestines. Cows lack the enzyme necessary to digest starch. This leads to an overgrowth of a bacteria called Clostridium perfringen, which causes sudden deaths to countless feedlot cattle across the nation.
- Lastly, a grain based diet can promote *E.Coli 0157:H7 within cattle which can poison a human who eats said cow.
*Escherichia coli O157:H7 (E-Coli) is an enterohemorrhagic strain of the bacterium Escherichia coli and a cause of illness through food. Infection may lead to hemorrhagic diarrhea, and to kidney failure.Some Issues with Feedlots:I think we can all agree that factory farming and feedlots are not the best thing. Here are some other issues feedlots can have on cattle:
- Overuse of antibiotics in order to temporarily “cure” the cattle of disease can cause the cattle to create antibiotic resistant microbes. This means that antibiotics won’t work. Over-use of antibiotics also makes animals sick just the same way as it makes humans sick. It literally kills every kind of bacteria in your system. That means that all that good bacteria in a cows gut that works on digesting food is being terrorized and destroyed.
- Small confinements and abuse in feedlots cause cows to be more stressed. Again, stress can affect cows just as badly, if not worse, than it effects the health of humans.
(Max Ungar, The Case for Grass Fed Beef Part 2: Animal Health, Feb.25,2013)